The World Health Organization (WHO) is the coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. Its notably responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
They are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: National Professional Officer
Ref ID: 1702894
Location: Abuja Nigeria.
- Serve as WHO focal point for Maternal Health and Newborn Health, sexual and reproductive health, Elimination of maternal to child transmission of HIV/Syphilis , Family planning Programmed along the life course and continuum of care in the country to liaise with and provide support to all relevant government departments and institutions in collaboration with all agencies actively involved.
- Assist the Ministry of health to plan an effective MNH programmes advocating the integrated approach with PHC development process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the FRH Cluster Lead and overall supervision of WHO representative, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Review and analyze national maternal and newborn health policies, strategies, plans and guidelines, programmes and related legislation
- Establish and coordinate effective partnership with key stakeholders and donor agencies involved in maternal and newborn health including family planning
- Assist in promotion and implementation of operations research for maternal and newborn health including family planning
- Coordinate maternal and newborn health care activities
- Assist and advise the national maternal and newborn health task force in the development of strategies for maternal and newborn health including Family planning.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of operation plans and tools for MNH and facilitate the dissemination of maternal and newborn health including family planning strategies, plans and relevant tools.
- Provide technical assistance for the implementation of maternal and newborn health including family planning interventions
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of maternal and newborn health including family planning programmer
- Perform any other duties as required for the success of the programme.
Qualifications and Experience
Medical Degree obtained from a recognized University; and post graduate degree in Community Medicine or Public Health, or obstetrics and Gynaecology or Pediatrics and Modern Training Skills would be an advantage.
Prior experience in maternal, newborn health and sexual and reproductive health is an added advantage
Considerable experience in programme planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and supervision at national, state or local government area.
Proven competence in documentation of events and evaluation of programmes
Excellent knowledge of English and a local language-reading, speaking, writing
At least 5 years of practical experience in program management.
Good knowledge and ability to use computer software: – Spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, publisher and EPI Info or SSSP for statistical analysis.
Application Deadline: 19th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply