Vacancies at International Organization for Migration (IOM) for Resource Management Officers
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and
orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the vcacant position below:
Job Title: Resource Management Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
- Under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Abuja, Nigeria, and the overall supervision by the Chief of Mission (COM), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the financial and/or budgetary functions of the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring the financial management for all activities in the Mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission, monitor budget control, follow up implementation of effective internal control, design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- Provide support to project managers throughout the project cycle to ensure compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures and any donor specific requirements.
- Ensure that accounting data are properly entered in PRISM, in accordance with IOM financial rules and practices, maintain accurate records of PRISM entries including hard copies of all vouchers and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate the preparation of project financial reports in accordance with IOM and donor regulations and established procedures.
- Liaise with relevant units at HQs, Administrative Centres and Regional office with regard to the accounting and financial activities if the mission; provide inputs for reports on the financial situation of the mission and provide other information as required.
- Assist in forecasting cash flows according to the activities in the Mission and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Assist in reviewing monthly accounting closure and returns to Panama for accuracy, ensure that these are submitted on timely manner and completed according to IOM Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget for the mission and budgets for all new programs.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training staff in the areas of accounting and finance; and compliance to financial procedures. Facilitate and support knowledge building and sharing in finance/accounting and budget.
- Assist in facilitating financial audit of projects in accordance with the donor agreements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in finance, accounting, budgeting and business administration;
- Knowledge of IPSAS and PRISM;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular experience in MS Excel and computerized accounting systems and software;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures;
- Previous working experience in emergency missions.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.