Ticketing and Protocol Assistant at TGI Group of Companies
The TGI Group is an international investment and holding company with diverse interests. Operations of the group primarily span across developing economies in Africa, Middle East and Asia. The group’s business interest covers manufacturing of fruit drinks, juices and dairy products, packaged food and condiments, production of vegetable oil, cotton ginning, poultry and fish farming, processing and marketing of frozen foods, importation and distribution of industrial and agro chemicals, fish trawling and specialised oil services.
They are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ticketing and Protocol Assistant
- Responsible for the logistics, scheduling and coordination of transport including road and air travel solution for the company and to ensure that these functions are carried out effectively, in harmony, and in accordance with applicable statutory regulations, company’s operational standards and policies
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procure necessary visas, tickets and medical insurance information for all travels including itineraries related to flights & hospitality
- Develop and maintain annual travel and hospitality plan/tracker for all company event relating to road transport and air travel services
- Obtain quotations on a regular basis from various airlines/travel agents and find the best flight prices and options for the Company
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge and ensure company practices/processes is fully compliant with both local and international travels, ticketing policies (e.g. IATA standards)
- Identify all company requirements and prepare logistical schedules of various road transport and air travel services required for the execution of company objectives
- Coordinate with relevant department to draw up travel programs including hospitality and logistics for official conferences and meetings for staff and delegates
- Coordinate with relevant department to receive, accompany and see off official delegations
- Coordinate responsibilities relating to reservation and confirmation of travel schedules check in, lounge access, protocol and airport transfers.
- Ensure timely application and processing for issuing and renewing re-entry passes for staff members and their dependents
- Coordinate and develop relationship with company vendors and help negotiate better deals with airlines hence reducing overall costs
- Liaising with stakeholders, ensuring that all issues relating to ticketing is sorted timely.
- Maintains a database and filing system, containing relevant information relating to frequent flyer miles, tickets, hospitality, cost for staff members/dependants
- Prepare periodic reports on travel cost analysis, industry travel trends and related information.
- Any other tasks assigned.
- B.Sc or HND in any field of study with a good grade
- Minimum work experience desirable: 2 to 5 years of relevant administrative experience
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of round the world fares and rules
- Command of both written and spoken English.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the airline industry.
- Work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to follow procedures is critical and high attention to detail.
- Must have positive attitude with strong organizational skills, self-discipline, and dedication
- Need to be able to work independently and proactively
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online