GHSC-PSM Plan and Source Director at Chemonics International
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GHSC-PSM Plan and Source Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Director, Plan and Source to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal new born and child health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Director, Plan and Source will provide leadership to teams that will support technical assistance to the National stakeholders and donors on appropriate sourcing approach for health product requirements and other technical services across HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning and Maternal, New Born and Child Health Programs.
- This will also include development of strategies for forecasting and supply planning, procurement, custom clearance and national inventory management. These will be supported as part of the mandate of the GHSC-PSM project to ensure that quality health products and services are sourced to meet needs of the program.
- S/he in collaboration with other Directors will support national procurement and supply management system for an uninterrupted access to health services under the direction of the Deputy Country Director-Supply Chain Operations or his/her designate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide leadership in consultation with the Deputy Country Directors for the development of overall strategic plan, implementation framework and review of the Department’s goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM and Chemonics International, Inc. mandate in the public health supply chain Programs in Nigeria.
- Lead the development of technical specifications for health products and services from appropriate sources that will support implementation of GHSC-PSM Nigeria and Chemonics International, Inc. programs for uninterrupted access to health products.
- Provide leadership and technical oversight for the development and implementation of health commodities and services sourcing strategy for a cost-effes sourcing strategy for a cost-effective utilization of donor resources through local (decentralized) procurement.</pment of strategic plan for national and state level forecasting and supply planning to guide resource requirements from donors and Governments.
- Lead long-term planning of health commodities requirements and supply planning through periodic reviews of product and funding needs to support service delivery.
- Provide technical leadership for national integrated supply chain planning of health commodities needs within the donor-supported supply chain system to guide last mile distribution health products the clinics and reverse logistics.
- Support national and state level engagement with stakeholders, including implementing partners, Government and donors, on health commodities availability, requirements and gaps that will support service delivery while managing expectations.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure smooth custom clearance and delivery of needed health products through international borders to the Program warehouses in Nigeria.
- Work with the GHSC-PSM HO team to provide guidance on health commodities needs, procurement monitoring and strategies that will ensure uninterrupted supplies.
- Lead in developing and managing relationships with vendors (including performing relevant assessment and due diligence) to ensure that sources for technical procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Work with the compliance team to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Represent the Project in appropriate external technical meetings with the partners, Government and donors in support of the project goals and objectives.
- Support in the development of continuous quality improvement of the procurement and custom clearance processes to support timely availability of goods and services to the clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development and reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate the project achievements in support of technical planning and sourcing services.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, and equivalent.
- Ten to twelve years of progressive professional experience in health product selection, demand planning, procurement and/or inventory management in public aor inventory management in public and private sectors.
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to lead a new team and expanding team, be self-managing and work as part of a team.
- Ability of use Microsoft Suites required. Ability to use procurement ERP system preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- Nigerian Nationals only
- The Director Plan and Source will report directly to the Deputy Country Director-Supply Chain Operations.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 267,802.00(Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 811,826.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 1,053,768.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of your annual base salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual base salary
Application Closing date
22nd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online