Driver Job at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate their delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000406
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS) are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- To this end the CHGS department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programmes for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties.
- The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The CHGS department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement.
- These divisions are:
- Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1);
- Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and
- Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
- The Division is responsible for the management of Travel and Logistics, restaurant and hotel services prepare purchase plans and strategies, prepare and publish contract packages, receive bids and proposals, and serve as official contact between the Bank and suppliers.
- The purpose of the job is to drive vehicles to contribute to the attainment of Bank mandate including airport transfers for Bank authorized staff, Bank visitors from outside the host country, collection and delivery of very important urgent parcels and documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, the Driver will:
- Drive the vehicles of the Bank to facilitate the work of the Bank.
- Contribute to the mandate of the Bank from effective and customer focused operations.
- Coordinate, supervise and mentor companions to ensure high quality customer service when interacting with the public.
- Ensure driving, collection and delivery services are administered effectively and comply with Bank rules and procedures.
- Develop and foster a team environment based on respect and mutual support to achieve team goals.
- Ensure Health and Safety for all activities associated with driving and maneuvering of vehicles including use of driving skills, and ensuring all members of the vehicle team take their responsibility for Health and Safety seriously.
- Maintain fleet security; account for and maintain fleet tools and equipment; conduct daily and weekly vehicle maintenance checks, and maintain fleet appearance and cleanliness.
- Undertake other driving duties as required by the Bank in line with Land Transport Directive.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Valid Driving Licence, HND (Higher National Diploma).
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience of driving in a busy corporate institution/international organization.
- Shows effective verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to stay calm and cope under pressure.
- Ability to engage others in support and being an effective team member.
- Showing enthusiasm for the work.
- Committed to environmental sustainability.
- Committed to demonstrate the values of the Bank.
- Ability to work with range of people without prejudice.
- Ability to read maps.
- Focused on customer service.
- Being creative and innovative.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online