Job Title: Project Assistant
- The Project Assistant, GRID will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working with other project stakeholders.
- S/he is to assist on the various ongoing projects with the ability to motivate others and keep them on task in a positive and encouraging manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize productivity.
- Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met.
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently.
- Report updates verbally and in written form to other team members.
- Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently.
- Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members.
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email.
- Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously.
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information;
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings, training and workshops;
- Assist with basic financial management of the project.
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings.
- Be consistently at work and on time.
- Participate in and promote a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in geography, cartography, business administration or related field. A Master’s degree in management, business administration, project management would be an added advantage.
- 2 years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in a management role
- Knowledge of geographic information systems.
- Knowledge of financial management procedures
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the programs and activities
- Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology in terms understandable state government officials and agency heads.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with user agencies, administrative officials and employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- The Project Assistant, GRID should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Behaves Ethically: Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Builds Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicates Effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters
- Fosters Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Makes Decisions: Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
- Plans: Determines strategies to move the organization forward, sets goals, creates and implements actions plans, and evaluates the process and results.
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem
- Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organisation.
- Working knowledge of project management tools, e.g. Atlassian Jira, Redbooth, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online