Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria.
They are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Facility Security Officer
Location: Cross River
- To assist with the implementation of the facility security plans, ensure the application of security measures designed to protect the staff and equipment on vessels, terminals and administrative block.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides direction and instruction to security guards on duty
- Familiarization with the international regulations e.g. SOLAS, ISPS Code and MARPOL
- Proficient in Security data analysis.
- Oversee the Port Security plan in accordance with ISPS and BASC requirements.
- Advises the Security Manager on current issues affecting the security of the port facility.
- Check and review the DoS, VSP, SSP, and monitors and adjusts the FSP.
- Conducts routine patrols of the port, checking various security posts during the shift, ensuring guard is at post and assists with any problems that may come up during the shift.
- Advises violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying of prohibited articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts
- Assists in the investigation of incidents that involve theft, vandalism, misconduct, or related activities.
- May interact with local authorities, on various issues at the terminal.
- Coordinates security related issues for visitors to the port facility
- Coordinate at least two drills per year
- Responds and assists with emergencies that occur on shift as appropriate.
- Provides crowd control during an emergency or other incident where this is required.
- Completes shift report at the end of each shift of duty
- Supervise deliverables on an ongoing operational basis to ensure that security standards are communicated & complied with by all terminal users.
- Normally the position is expected to follow existing procedures & is well defined
- HND/University Degree
- An ex-servicemen from Cross River or Akwa Ibom ONLY
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant work experience relevant HSEQ work experience
- Knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
Job Competency Requirements:
- Corporate Security
- Physical Security
- Risk Management
- Crisis Management and Investigation
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using “PFSO-Ex-Servicemen” as mail title.