Hubmart Stores Limited Recruits Grocery & Non-Food Department Chief
Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Their unique value proposition lies in their excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
Job Title: Grocery & Non-Food Department Chief
- To provide a wide variety of products to the satisfaction of customers; and with aim of giving an unparalleled product experience.
- To help drive the business in the department by ensuring the availability of all range of product both in prescribed quality and quantity.
- To arrange/display various types of products/items in a neat, attractive and eye-catching manner as to appeal to the customers’ fancy
Team Management & Supervision:
- Ensuring the early/timely resumption of all the grocery staff before the start of their shift.
- Evaluate and correct where necessary team members’ grooming and appearance.
- Draw, approve and communicate the various roasters to team and superiors.
- Ensure strict adherence by all team members to the various roasters shift roaster; off-duty roaster, leave roaster etc. maintained by the department.
- Drawing/Collating/Approving and executing departmental planning for weekends, public holidays and other important days.
- Ensure proper understanding of all strategic information as passed by management to the team members promptly and accurately.
- Conduct regular briefings with team so as to orientate on new trends, discuss floor arrangement, periodic targets and mandates and give feedbacks on work related issues to superiors.
- Exhibit high level of discipline in the work area as expected of all team members.
- Participate in the training and evaluation of new team-members.
- Oversees activity of junior team-mates to ensure that they are working up to store expectations.
- Participate effectively in the change of shifts and prevent disruptions to the process.
- Personal & Work Environment Appearance, Grooming & Hygiene
- Ensure compliance with company’s set standard on personal grooming by team.
- Ensure the company provided uniforms and kit worn in the right manner by team.
- Ensure that the work area is cleaned before, during and after use with recommended solutions & chemicals.
- Ensure housekeeping standard is maintained at all times.
- Ensure cleaning is implemented in accordance with the department procedure/schedule.
- All checklist on Operations, Hygiene, Health and safety standards are observed.
- Monitor in coordination with team stock inventory and ensure the availability of products at all time.
- Ensure that products are stored at right place and under the right condition – temperatures & in a hygienic & safe manner.
- Maintain ideal stock levels per product category & rotate stock(FIFO/FEFO).
- Ensure availability of stock and placing of order immediately they fall below the minimum stock level.
- Receiving of stock from back-store/supplier and confirming the correctness of the quantity and the quality of same.
- Periodical planning & undertaking of stock take.
- Ensure consistent quality, beautiful and attractive presentation all the products.
- Responsible for Receiving along with team members based strictly on adherence to the SOP on receiving.
- Responsible along with other team members to ensure reduction in wastage.
- Accountable along with team members for shrinkage.
Merchandising – Display & Promos:
- Coordinate product merchandise & display: In a neat & hygienic manner in line with the floor display plan.
- Cross-merchandising and space planning and management.
- Stock management.
- Ensure checks are conducted to remove all spoilt/damaged products from display and proper documentation is done.
- Ensure stock rotation (FIFO/FEFO).
- Ensuring pleasing & attractive display & regular replenishment.
- Ensure correct quantity & prices are labelled over promo items.
- Ensure regular update and adjustment of price display especially at the beginning and ending of promos
- Ensure that customers are well attended to and taken care of at all times.
- Assist in prompt treatment of special orders.
- Ensure consistent quality, freshness and presentation all the products.
- Ensuring better levels of commitment to serve customers.
- Ensure all products are brought out for merchandising & display.
- Ensure all products have: correct price tags, with details and date of expiry.
- Ensure to always serve customers in a pleasing manner & cross sell other products.
- Ensure that team conduct scheduled inspection on displayed products to cross-check sell-by dates and remove items with low/elapsed shelf life.
- Ensure appealing composure to customers by providing quality, fresh products in a hygienic manner by self or through team members.
- Ensure that customer service stands foremost, whether serving customer in the front end or producing for customers in the back end.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of National Certificate of Education (NCE), Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or equivalent, while additional qualifications and/or membership of a professional body is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years cognate experience.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org