Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, their efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Their impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant 3 – VectorLink
Req Id: 52782
- Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Office Assistant provides a wide range of cleaning and maintenance support to the project office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs routine maintenance chores around the office.
- Checks and replenishes stock in supply cupboards, bathrooms and kitchen on a daily basis and informing the Office Manager or F&A Manager of purchasing requirements.
- Provides beverage service (tea, coffee, water) for guests and staff.
- Cleans offices, corridors, and other assigned areas
- Dusts, waxes, and polishes office furniture and empties waste baskets.
- Responsible for reporting broken windows, malfunctioning equipment, stopped up drains, and leaking plumbing.
- Opens premises for the work day or closes the premises at the end of the work day.
- Assists with document production, general photocopying, collation and binding of project reports and training materials.
- Processes mail, courier, and other packages both incoming to, and outgoing from, the office. Delivers and picks up documents within the office.
- May purchase kitchen and bathroom supplies, cleaning materials, and other miscellaneous office products from petty cash funds and provides prompt reports to Petty Cash Manager.
- Prepare order lists of cleaning supplies, beverages, special office supplies, as necessary when stocks run short. Obtains petty cash advance, purchases necessary supplies, and reports expenses promptly.
- Provides beverage service for guests and staff as requested.
- Assists in loading and unloading of the workshop materials when functions take place outside the office.
- Assists in the preparation of office workshops in terms of arrangement of set up of meeting room, stationary and flipcharts.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School completion (minimum), or a Bachelors Degree (desirable).
- Experience in office assistance or other relevant work desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software is desirable.
- English language fluency.
- (0) years of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior work experience is preferable.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online