Marine Superintendent at Onstream Group
Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Onne Marine Superintendent
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The Onne Marine Superintendent provides expertise in the specialist field of marine operations to support PHC & DW District marine activity as required by directives EP19, DGEP General Policy for Marine Operations, CR LSO 200, CR LSO 300 Marine Operations Standards and General Marine Instructions.
- The Onne Marine Superintendent provides proactive Marine Technical support and advice primarily at CLIENT Onne base.
- The Onne Marine Superintendent will also provide Marine Technical support and advice, if required, to other sites in Nigeria such as; Lagos port, Onne port, CLIENT offshore sites and Exploration activities for a broad range of offshore support vessels such as; drilling rigs, FSO and FPSOs, PSVs, terminal tugs, flotels, OIMR Vessels, accommodation vessels, security and crew boats.
The main activities of the Onne Marine Superintendent are:
- Provide marine assistance for marine inland waters operations
- Assist with all marine auditing requirements, which includes auditing of a wide range of offshore support vessels, such as MODU’s and DSV and other specialist vessels, and contractors’ management systems, ensuring compliance with Company CMS
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships with other departments as required.
- Under the supervision of CLIENT Marine Specialists, participate in supporting Drilling, Projects, Logistics, Subsea Engineers and other clients regarding operation, preparation and technical review of Call for Tender, ensuring Client satisfaction. This includes monitoring of “third party” operations where Company assets are involved (for example pipeline crossings, Rig Moves near pipelines, DSV, Diving, off-loading hose replacement etc.)
- Ensure all operations under Service holder’s supervision are conducted safely and within agreed SLA’s.
- In collaboration with Total One, monitor and/or supervise when required port cargo handling operations to ensure compliance with Company Procedures with respect to loading or unloading vessel procedures
- In liaison with HSE, assist in monitoring and/or supervision of supply vessel cargo tank cleaning operations to ensure efficient execution of tank cleaning
- Assist with the development and revision of marine procedures in compliance with the Company CMS
- Contribute to the technical evaluation and selection of contractors and ensure that technical Contractor selection is carried out in accordance with Company requirements and that safety assessment is a part of the selection process. This includes the requirement to ensure the required auditing of the Contractors SMS is carried out in accordance with Company procedures, and that Contractors working on Company sites are formally advised of appropriate site safety regulations, and, for Major Contractors, appropriate interface / contingency procedures are issued prior to offshore operations
- Assist with annual and monthly Marine Contract Service Quality Meetings.
- Assist with mobilisation or demobilisation of vessels commencing contracts with CLIENT
- Provide weekly reports and updates to DW and JV Marine Managers regarding Marine Operations at Onne Port
- Participate in marine incident investigations occurred at Onne and follow-up of action items.
- Monitor and propose corrective actions to Marine related anomaly reports
- Assist DW Marine Engineer Superintendent with the management and maintenance of COMPANY owned security vessels in Onne
- Interface with Security Department and address all operational matters with the Security vessels (inspection, AGO tank gauging…)
- In liaison with Security Department, participate to the assessment of the Bonny River safety navigation and may be requested to sail onboard CLIENT hired vessels while convoy transit.
- Ensure that diving operations are carried out safely and in accordance with applicable regulations, codes and standards.
- Organisation and preparation of audit, selection and prequalification of diving contractors in accordance with Company rule, CR EP LSO 400
- Organisation and preparation of audit and approval of contractor’s diving spread, equipment and vessels in accordance with IMCA and OGP rules.
- Participate in the preparation of diving HAZID, RA and the validation process.
- Validation of diving procedures.
- Principal organiser and participant in diving incident investigation, emergency preparedness and evacuation, and proposing of corrective actions.
- Organization of supervision for the conduct of diving inspections, maintenance, repairs, installation and/or reinstallation of underwater parts of platforms, FSO Unity, offloading buoys, export hoses, pipelines, drilling wells and all other appurtenances in liaison with the respective entities.
- Participates in the selection of the Company Diving Rep. on board the diving support vessel, DSV; involvement in the contractual processes and provides direct supervision of the contracted personnel.
- The principal point of liaison with the CDR on site for all diving related matters.
- Centralizes and reviews the affiliate’s diving derogation requests to CR EP LSO 400 and GS EP LSO 410 before passing them to the DGEP Underwater Operations Specialists for instruction.
- Qualifications: STCW 95 Class 2 (Deck) Certificate of Competence.
- Experience: 5 years of Oil and Gas Industry Experience.
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Experience of multi-activity joint venture operations.
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc.
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vessels, Diving and Construction vessels, Fast Crew Boats.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluent in French optional
- Recognized DGEP training course in Diving Regulations and Safety.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online