Latest Security Officer Jobs in Kenya 2017
Security Officer Jobs at Siaya Institute of Technology
Siaya Institute of Technology invites suitably qualified applicants for the following vacant position:Job purpose
Reporting to the Administration and Human Resources Officer the incumbent will be expected to ensure the maintenance of law and order within the Institute, prevent and solve crimes and ensure effective and efficient security of Institute and its assets.
Qualifications for the Security Officer Job
- At least KCSE D+ or its equivalent.
- Trained in security matters.
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Must have worked within the disciplined forces at a supervisory level and discharged honorably.
- Must have held a similar position for at least two years.
- Age 40 – 50 years.
Security Officer Job Responsibilities
- Protect institute’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes report by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintain organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Provide a link between the contracted security and the institute.
How to Apply
Hand written applications together with CVs, copies of certificates & testimonials should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach on or before 27th September 2017.
Siaya Institute of Technology,
P. O. Box 1087 – 40600,
Siaya Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.