Operations Manager Job at UN Women
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Operations Manager is a member of the Regional Office Senior Management team, together with the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director. S/He provides leadership and advice on all aspects of office management and operations.
This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT and common services, consistent with UN and UN Women rules and regulations and also acts as the Security Focal Point.
Operations Manager Job Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management team and provide advice and support to the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director on operational issues;
- Oversee the work of Operation Teams in Country Offices (CO);
- Develop the annual workplan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring;
- Participate in review meetings to assess the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners;
- Determine optimal techniques and business processes; lead business process mapping and establish internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions in RO and COs;
- Oversee and monitor implementation of corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and ensure adequate training of staff and project personnel on these issues in RO and COs;
- Ensure a continuous and up-to-date flow of information between the RO and HQ and COs/MCO in the region;
- Oversee all operations activities, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport, administration and ensure they follow UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Manage staff in Operations Team: Finalize performance plans and evaluation standards; conduct performance assessments, provide feedback and coaching.
Requirements for the Operations Manager Job
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field is required.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance;
- Experience in leading a team;
- Experience coordinating with partners and stakeholders;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable;
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is desirable.
How to Apply
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
Closing date is 18th April 2017.