- Company: African Agricultural Technology Foundation
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is a not-for-profit organization designed to facilitate and promote access and delivery of appropriate proprietary agricultural technologies for use by resource-poor smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Based in Nairobi, but working across the continent, AATF fosters its mission through public/private partnerships to reach its target farmers. The Foundation is a one-stop-shop that provides expertise and know-how that facilitates the identification, access, development, delivery and utilization of proprietary agricultural technologies
To address the systemic shortage of foundation seeds in Sub-Sahara Africa, AATF has formed a foundation seed company (QualiBasic Seed Company – QBS). The Administrative Assistant will oversee and manage the QBS office. He/She will be responsible to assist the QBS Managing Director carry out his/her function in an efficient manner. He/She will be responsible to ensure the smooth coordination of the different functions of the company. The Administrative Assistant will report to the QBS MD.
- Assisting the MD in managing his/her calendar and related activities/events/timelines.
- Following up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordinating collection and submission of reports.
- Ensuring a conducive working environment by ensuring that there are adequate supplies for the smooth running of the office.
- Assisting in the compilation, preparation briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings.
- Coordinating foreign travel for company employees, providing information and advice to company staff on travel, and making hotel arrangements.
- Managing transport requirements for the company.
- Planning for scheduled conferences, workshops, and retreats and sourcing and securing suitable venues or locations.
- Handling client queries and coordinating event activities to ensure a smooth running of the company.
- Arranging appointments and meetings; and act as secretary for all meetings and teleconferences.
- Maintaining a filing system that ensures safe keeping of confidential documents.
- Placing, receiving, routing and answering outgoing/incoming calls, relaying messages.
- Ensuring company equipment and office space is appropriately utilized and well maintained.
- Purchasing of office stationery, consumables and other office utilities.
- Ensuring operational office machines i.e. computer, photocopiers, faxes are in good working order.
- Assisting with procurement and communicating with vendors on statements, proofs of payments, purchase orders and invoices.
The ideal candidate should possess a Diploma in Business Administration and Management or related field. A university degree with a secretarial background will be an advantage. She/he should have five years’ experience in similar functions with reputable organizations. Excellent time management, organizational and computer software skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters and Curriculum Vitae by email not later than 21 April 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org