Production Assistant Job Vacancy at Onward Paper Mill Limited
Incorporated in 1972, Onward Paper Mill Ltd. was the very first indigenous paper converter to manufacture and market top quality stationery in Nigeria. From pioneering paper conversion and manufacture of top quality paper products, OPM has become a Leading name in the Paper/print product manufacturing sector of the nation.
Job Title: Production Assistant
Job Type: Contract
- We are looking for a responsible production personnel to supervise and monitor program schedules.
- The candidate will help in the quality control process, monitor and report on production processes.
- Maintains the office operations of the Head of Operations
- Assist with quality checks and procedure audits
- Act as liaison between production, marketing and sales teams
- Maintains the equipment history list, repairs jobs to be done internally and by vendors
- Keep production manager informed of critical issues which affect production schedule.
- Assist Production Manager in planning and performing production related activities.
- Prioritize, plan, schedule and manage production activities to meet manufacturing objectives in timely and cost-effective manner.
- Identify production issues, analyse root causes and derive resolutions.
- Perform inventory management and report warehouse status to Manager.
- Develop production plan and schedule to ensure continuous operations.
- Develop logistic strategy to monitor order and supply to avoid downtime and delays.
- Work with Manager in budget analysis and preparation.
- Monitor and manage expenses within allotted budget.
- Develop process improvements to improve workflow efficiency.
- Ensure that manufactured product meets customer specifications.
- Communicate production updates and errors to Manager on regular basis.
- Generate production related reports to Manager and customers when needed.
- Analyse drawings and monitor specifications
- Communicate complex issues to Manager for immediate resolution.
- Prepares production schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in Arts or Science
- Graphic design
- Production management
- Ability to read part drawings and familiarity with basic measurement methods is preferred.
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Able to relate to key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible enough to work under stringent deadlines and high work pressure on a regular basis.
- Able to operate various equipment’s and applications.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software and use of computer
- Must possess solid organizational skills
- Familiarity with manufacturing operations
- Possess leadership skills and ability to be led in a manner that is healthy to our positive and productive work environment
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only Candidates who qualify will be contacted.