Entomology Insectary Technician at Abt Associates
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, their efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. their impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant 4 / Entomology Insectary Technician
Req Id: 52786
- Under the supervision of the Entomology Coordinator, the Entomology Insectary Technician manages the insectary.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain the mosquito colony in the insectary.
- Ensure the feeding of lab animals and mosquito colony.
- Ensure and coordinate the cleaning of the insectary.
- Establish regularly the needs required for the insectary.
- Ensure the appropriate storage of equipment and animal food.
- Ensure appropriate records are kept in the laboratory log books.
- Assist with procurement requests related to this activity.
- Adhere to the Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) for these activities.
- Participate in other field activities as required.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Country Technical Manager.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience in laboratory or veterinary work for at least six (6) months.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or: Bachelor’s Degree (desireable) or a Masters Degree.
- Knowledge in computer skills (able to run programs such as Microsoft word, Excel).
- Knowledge of English.
- Experience with laboratory animal rearing is an added advantage.
- (0.5) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online