- Company: Jambo Jet
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Jobs in Kenya
The main responsibility is to carry out and certify all inspection, repair, replacement tasks on aircraft & aircraft systems and perform certification within his/her scope of approval in accordance with KCAA and company regulations at an optimised cost for the business whilst upholding high safety standards to maintain schedule integrity.
Responsibilities for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Job
- Assess defects on aircraft, troubleshoot, rectify and certify within the dual scope approval for timely release of aircraft to maintain schedule integrity.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance checks, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives tasks and certify within the scope approval within planned downtime for continued air worthiness.
- Carry out and certify maintenance on cabin utilities for utmost customer satisfaction and comfort
- Identify and requisition for the required parts
- Carry out and certify duplicate inspections on safety critical systems of the aircraft and engines within the scope approval to ensure system integrity.
- Report incidents / accident occurrences as per company procedures.
- Ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded accurately & signed for in order to maintain correct & up to date aircraft history /data.
- Adhere to the company safety, health and environmental policy.
- Co-ordinate aircraft towing to and from hangars by communicating with the tower and Apron control and operate the necessary aircraft systems for safe and timely movement of the aircraft.
- Carry out security checks as per engineering security document procedure.
- Supervise technicians and develop technicians for improved competency/ efficiency.
Requirements for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Job
- Diploma in a relevant engineering discipline
- Dual LWTR A&P, Avionics or B1/B2 with a KCAA endorsement
- In-depth knowledge on aircraft systems
- 3 years Apprenticeship program within an approved MRO
- 3 years working experience as a rated Dash 8 Q400 aircraft maintenance engineer
- Strong customer focus and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Have a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Team player, able to work both independently and with people at various levels and from different backgrounds
- Unquestionable integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- Inspection and troubleshooting technique
- Knowledgeable of KCAA regulations
- Human factors knowledge
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, current CV and 3 professional references to email@example.com Closing date: April 21, 2017