Graduate GHSC-PSM Finance Associate at Chemonics International
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GHSC-PSM Finance Associate
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Finance Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Finance Associate’s primary responsibilities are filing, photocopying and making cash/check deposits to the bank. The individual will assist the Finance Team with a variety of administrative tasks. The Finance Associate will report to the Finance Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Scan and label all payment vouchers including coding sheet and backup documentations.
- Scan, label, and document all reversal General Journal entries including coding sheet and backup documentation.
- Assist in delivering WHT/PAYE cheques to the bank and collection of bank statements.
- Assist in making cash deposit/withdrawal (if any) into/from the Project’s bank accounts
- Updates database information for vendor bank account details
- Prepare Excel sheet vendor/staff payment information for uploading into our payment platform
- Assist in making photocopies
- Assist in filing hard copies of ABACUS coding sheets including backup documentations
- Assist in locating and moving files for auditor’s review during audits and HO reviews
- Assist in printing payment evidence to be attached to all payments before filing
- Assist in sorting and collating payroll coding sheets including timesheets/pay-slips
- Travel to assist with field activities as required
- Assist the technical team and any other staff with finance related requests upon approval from the Finance Director or his designee.
- Provide general administrative support to the Finance Team
- Perform other tasks as directed by the supervisor
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual and the Field Accounting and Compliance Manual
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance
- Bachelors in a related field. Degree in Business Management preferred[SB1]
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in finance/accounting
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, in specific MS Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel, and the general development and business community
- Strong organizational, work prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience with USAID projects or other international donors preferred[SB2]
- Fluency in English is required
- The Finance Associate will report directly to a Finance Manager
- Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary Package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 113,714.00(Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 57,970.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 191,651.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 181,498.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online