Consumer Insight Ltd, a leading market research company in Africa is currently scoting for suitable candidates to fill the following position;
Job Title: Accountant
Department: Accounts & Finance
Job Title Reports To: Senior Accountant
Main Purpose of the Job: To ensure proper maintenance of accounting records, accurate and timely production of financial reports, timely processing of payments to suppliers, tax authorities, liability settlements and debt control. Supervision and training of other staff in the department.
- Maintaining the Debtors’ and Creditors Ledger
- Maintaining the accounting records of the companies in the group
- Liaising with, assisting, advising and monitoring offices outside Kenya in financial matters
- Ensuring compliance with tax legislation
- Updating of the Fixed Assets Register
- Ensuring compliance of the internal control systems
- Record cash receipts & payments in the ledger
- Prepare statutory returns, and conduct accounts reconciliation
- Receive and respond to the financial enquiries both internal and external
- Raise client invoices & credit notes and post them into the ledger.
- Attend to any duty as otherwise directed by your seniors.
Education Qualification and Training
- Bachelors degree in a business related field
- CPA K
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge in and understanding of accounting, taxation and business management
- Good computer Skills
- Good communication and public relations skills
- Ability to train other staff
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy accounting office.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, CVs and copies of relevant certificates (including KCSE certificate) to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received on or before Friday, 28 April 2017.