GHSC-PSM M&E/MIS Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GHSC-PSM M&E/MIS Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the M&E / MIS Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the Global Health Supply Chain- Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- Chemonics seeks a M&E / MIS Advisor Advisor to support the National Integrated Specimen Transfer Network (NISRN) in the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework to inform decision-making. In this capacity, the advisor will play active role in enabling government of Nigeria to provide high quality diagnostic and treatment services throughout the health systems in Nigeria through an optimized, effective and efficient specimen referral network to address public health challenges.
- The M&E / MIS Advisor will support the implementation of the implementation of the development / update of the M&E and MIS plan for the NIRSN. This position will carry out the duties outlined below and other M&E / MIS related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Participate in the development of M&E plan to track the effectiveness and efficiency of sample transfer network in line with national strategy for the initiative.
- Provide periodic reports on performance indices to the project(PSM) and national technical working group including other information that may be requested
- Provide technical support in conducting assessment and surveys in support of laboratory services in country
- Track the performance of the 3PL to ensure optimal quality of service is provided based on agreed standard
- Track equipment functionality and capacity throughout the entire network
- Participate in capacity building of health facility staff and 3PL on NISRN data collection and management
- Document, and supervise procedures for data cleaning, quality checks, analysis, and archiving of project data.
- Support the development / upgrade / deployment of MIS applications within the NISRN
- Lead and supervise the data management activities including data collection, processing and analysis to facilitate prompt program reporting.
- Lead the periodic conduct of data quality audit in coordination with NISRN stakeholders.
- Support design, implementation and documentation for MIS and related projects / activities.
- Provide technical support on MIS platforms to facilitates user access to supply chain data for analysis and information
- Support training and capacity development activities for MIS application users
- Supervise a team of MIS Associates, interns, and consultants to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Job Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor degree in a Science/Social Science discipline or a related field
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant work experience in an M&E position, where responsible for implementing M&E activities for USAID or international donor-funded development projects
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems for public health programs / projects or logistic services in Nigeria.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Performance Management Plans
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required
- Good project management skills
- Ability to lead a team, and coordinate across different teams
- Attendance in any logistic training at least 5 days training on core areas of logistics
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills: must function well in a team setting.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Training facilitation skills is a plus.
- The M&E / MIS Advisor will work under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria
Annual Salary Package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 123,189.00 (Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 139.937.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 440,817.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 527,914.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary
Application Closing date
22nd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online